Can you Cancel Flights and Get a Refund from Aer Lingus?
Ireland's official airline is Aer Lingus. The International Airlines Group now owns all of the company, which was founded by the Irish government and privatized between 2006 and 2015. (IAG). In the County of Dublin, adjacent to Cloghran, the corporate offices of the airline are located on the grounds of Dublin Airport. The 1936-founded company Aer Lingus was originally a member of the Oneworld airline alliance until March 31, 2007.
During those uncertain times when you wish to cancel your flight booking due to last-minute travel plan changes, you can do so easily just by visiting the official website of the airline and following the instructions mentioned on this page by TicketChanges which also informs you of the cancellation policy and how you can get a refund from the airline.
Does Aer Lingus have a 24 hours Cancellation Policy?
The Aer Lingus 24-Hour Cancellation Policy can be understood by referring to the following points.
• Up to 24 hours after making their reservations, customers can change their flights through Aer Lingus. However, reservations for flights must be made at least 7 days before the departure of an Aer Lingus aircraft.
• You must cancel using the same way that you used to make the appointment, even though there are other options.
• If a passenger does not cancel during the risk-free window, a specific sum will be charged.
• Only refundable tickets may be requested for a refund; non-refundable tickets are ineligible. If you've scheduled two appointments, you can cancel one at any time regardless of the risk-free cancellation window. However, you should know you can only cancel a cheaper flight ticket.
Aer Lingus Refund based on Fare Type
Depending on the type of fare you've paid, Aer Lingus offers different cancellation policies. You can be eligible for a refund if an Aer Lingus flight is canceled if your ticket falls into one of the following categories:
Business Advantage, AerSpace, Flex Fare, SmartFares, or Saver are examples of business fares.
SmartFares or Saver
Except for cancellations made within 24 hours, SmartFares or Saver Saver and Smart fares are not eligible for the Aer Lingus flight cancellation and refund. The departure date is only valid if a week or more has passed after the purchase date. In such cases, each passenger would be responsible for paying the 21 USD Aer Lingus cancellation refund administration fee.
Flex Fare, Aerospace, or Advantage
The Aer Lingus cancellation policy is rather lax for Advantage, AerSpace, and Flex fares. It is possible to change your plans up until two hours before takeoff. When a traveler initially chooses SmartFares and later upgrades to an Advantage, aerospace, or Flex fare, Aer Lingus will only reimburse the difference in fares.
Aer Lingus handles refunds after deducting the 15% cancellation fee and any relevant taxes. You may cancel this at any moment up to the departure time. If the initial reservation is upgraded to a business rate, a reimbursement of the cost difference for an Aer Lingus flight cancellation is further permitted.
Flex Business Fare
The Aer Lingus cancellation policy for this type of travel offers a full refund if you cancel at any time before the scheduled departure time. If a flyer upgrades to this class from SmartFares, just the price difference they paid for the upgrade is eligible for a refund.
How Do I Get Aer Lingus Refunds?
You can follow the steps given below to get a refund from Aer Lingus:
• Visit Aer Lingus’ official website from your preferred browser.
• Choose "Manage to book" from the menu as the next step.
• Enter your "Full Name" and "Booking Reference Number or Code" at this time. The following action is to choose "Search flight."
• Your reservation is here. Once it's opened, click the "Cancel Flight" button.
• The reservation has currently been canceled. Making a refund claim would be the next step that you would need to take.
You can either contact customer care for that or fill out a form for a refund claim. The steps are listed below.
• To begin, go to the Aer Lingus website.
• Use the search bar to look for a refund form right now.
• When you're finished, you must fill it. Then, select "Submit the form”.
For Eligible Refunds, this should be Noted:
Please be advised that any qualified refunds may be subject to a refund administration fee, which will be charged to the original method of payment, for any eligible refunds. When the refund has been processed, you will receive an email to let you know.
If you made your reservation through a travel agent, online agent, or another airline, please get in touch with them to request any reimbursements.
Changing a multi-part itinerary entails canceling each flight segment, so please be aware of that. This can result in increased fares and change fees.
Flight Cancellation Reimbursement from Aer Lingus
Any passenger may ask for a full refund of their ticket price if an Aer Lingus flight is canceled due to predetermined delays, according to the Aer Lingus cancellation policy. Passengers have the following rights to compensation:
All flights under 1500 kilometers (KM) cost USD 270; all flights between 1500 and 3500 kilometers (KM) cost USD 430; and all trips farther than 3500 kilometers cost USD 650.